Important Facts About Whiplash (Part 2)
We reviewed first 5 facts regarding whiplash last time. Here are the remaining 5 (#6-10) crucial pointers that should be kept in mind about whiplash.
6. This is to be kept in mind that when it comes to whiplash, a long rest would be equivalent to rust. This is a common perception that whenever we are hurt, it is beneficial to take rest rather than doing some activity. Any such activity may worsen the pain. But the fact is that after continuously resting for few days, the injured as well as the healthy muscles weaken and become stiff. This results into a longer healing process. Also this is to be kept in mind that longer period of remaining inactive maximizes the chances of developing chronic pains which may lead to permanent problems. So, returning to normal activity during a car accident treatment is very necessary. We have specialist team of car accident chiropractor who will take care to get you gradually back to normal activity. So, do not let pain or fear of pain creep into your life which may completely destroy your physical and mental health.
7. Whiplash is not meant only for the victims of car crashes or car accidents. Though car accident victims are majority who go to car accident doctor for whiplash, but there are also victims of whiplash injuries for sportspersons playing soccer, gymnastics, skiing, snowboarding, gymnastics etc. They also very often undergo neck or head trauma. Mild Traumatic Brain Injury or MTBI is very common to victims of car crashes. The symptoms of MTBI are finding no proper words to express yourself, major difficulty in concentrating, communicating and focusing. This has also been noticed that several people suffering from such symptoms are self-conscious and are not comfortable to discuss this with doctor.
8. The age is an important factor in whiplash injuries. There are several elderly persons who are more likely to suffer from the whiplash injury than the younger folks. The reason behind the same is that the flexibility of the muscles, joints and tendons of neck in the older individuals decreases with increasing age. Thus, the stretching power of the tissues is retarded to a certain extent. Also in older individuals, there is onset of osteoarthritis in the joints which makes them more susceptible to whiplash injuries. So, if an elderly person have suffered a whiplash injury, then it is very important to have a proper treatment from a Southern Nevada chiropractic for complete healing.
9. Researches reveal that females are more susceptible to whiplash injuries in comparison to males. The reason behind the same is that in females the mass and strength of the neck is lesser than the males. The slender necked females are even more susceptible to whiplash injuries. They are specifically vulnerable to cervical spine injury due to whiplash.
10. This is advisable by the car accident chiropractors that you should not ignore the symptoms of whiplash injuries under any circumstances. This has been noticed that there are several neck-injured individuals who suffer from pain immediately after they are hurt whereas there are cases when it takes some time for the pain to appear in the victim. This is a proven fact that human nature do not easily opt for chiropractic care but this should not be the case for sure. Whenever you have undergone an unfortunate whiplash injury, you should not wait for the pain to worsen. Instead, you should immediately see a Southern Nevada chiropractic for help and treatment. This has been noticed that the longer you delay to opt for the treatment, the longer does it take to heal the pain completely. This is also to be kept in mind that once you start opting for the chiropractic treatment, you may see a considerable difference in the first one or two months but this may not be the case always depending on the intensity of the injury. This is also a fact that the longer the pain persists, lesser is the chances of resolution. There can be symptoms like blurred vision, shoulder pain, fatigue, headache, dizziness, difficulty in swallowing and sleeping that may persist for moths. Thus, the bottom-line is that you should promptly opt for chiropractic help immediately after you suffer an injury.
So, be informed and alert when you or someone in your family have suffered an unfortunate whiplash injury. Opting for prompt treatment can avoid a lot of complications.