Preventing Whiplash in Las Vegas
Whiplash Associated Disorders (WAD) refers to the injury of the neck and its symptoms triggered by a car accident, a fall or sports injury. Whiplash injury affects millions of people around the world. If you are involved in an accident, you need to seek the services of a car accident chiropractor to treat your neck and back injuries. However, whiplash injuries can be prevented. Different measures can be taken to prevent or minimize the pain suffered during a whiplash. These measures include:
1. Shopping For a Safer Car
Purchase a car with a well-rated head restraint and safe seats. The Insurance Institute for highway safety publishes safe cars reviews. They provide ratings for the safest seats, head restraints, air bags and car models. Also, check out for crash avoidance features. Volvo and Saab have designed cars with car seats that collapse backward upon any impact. It helps to prevent the head and neck from whipping back and forth. Remember to make comparisons between the different cars before making a purchase.
2. Keeping The Head Restraints in The Right Positions
If the head restraints are placed too low, they offer you little protection when you are hit from the back. Adjusting them to the right position helps to minimize injury to the neck. Add on head restraints are available. Check for their safety features before buying.
3. Preparing For The Crash
Accidents happen very fast. If you have time to prepare, follow these steps.
– Put your head and neck back and make sure that they are in contact with the seat and head restraints.
– Straighten your arm and ensure that you have a firm grip on the steering wheel.
– Press the breaks with your foot firmly.
– Look straight ahead without turning. Turning your head increases the chance of ligamentous damage.
– Slightly put your neck backward so that your eyes are pointing the windscreen.
– Shrug your shoulders upwards toward your ears and then brace for the impact.
4. Seek Immediate Medical Help
It is important to seek medical attention immediately. The treatment should be done by a doctor that specializes in whiplash treatment. If you are looking for Las Vegas car accident treatment, seek the services of Southern Nevada Chiropractic. They have doctors who specialize in whiplash injuries. Beginning treatment late makes it difficult to alleviate some symptoms.
Treatment decreases the probability of a chronic condition. Whiplash symptoms do not occur immediately. The symptoms could take weeks or even months to appear. Symptoms include feeling stiffness in the neck or back.
5. Follow The Doctors Instructions
For you to heal, you must follow what the doctor prescribes. It will help to minimize permanent problems. Some of the things that you may have to adhere to include massage, nutrition, physical therapy, chiropractic etc.
Car injury treatment should be taken seriously. It is a difficult choice to make when choosing a health clinic to attend to your whiplash problem. Choosing a wrong clinic to attend to your whiplash issues could result in permanent damage. Only seek help from a clinic that offers professional services. A good clinic will help you to heal faster after a car accident.
Latest posts by Dr Reiss (see all)
- Where Whiplash pain Comes From? Explained by Las Vegas Dr - January 8, 2018
- Ways to Prevent Whiplash in Las Vegas - December 11, 2017
- What is Whiplash? – Las Vegas Dr Explains - November 27, 2017